Saturday, December 15, 2012

No way for kids to start life..

I refer not only to the kids who watched, saw what happened in front of the them yesterday at the Sandy Hook school, Newtown Connecticut, but to ALL kids everywhere who suffer because the people who have control over their lives are too stupid, too selfish, too greedy to care.

I am sorry but I can’t imagine what it must be like to hear rapid gunfire approaching. I simply can’t imagine what it must be like to be lead through where dead school friends are laid out on the floor.

I can’t imagine these scenarios because I never had to face them. Where I grew up, there was no right to bear arms. In the UK, there is no civilian right to carry a handgun, concealed or open. Since Hungerford, a civilian is not allowed to own a working handgun or an assault rifle.

There is no place in a civilised society for people to carry guns.

I can’t imagine what it is like to go hungry, to be ill or infirm without the hope of medical care, to have no parents to protect me and teach me how to survive.

It would be bad enough to have to go through any of the above at my age, but to put a small child through any of the above is mindless, selfish, stupid BEYOND belief.

What I can tell you is that I am glad that I lived in a gun free society, or as gun free as a society can be. I am glad that I never had to grow up fearing everything that moved.

No comments: